Regardless of where you stand in your business, we all work to get ahead of where we currently are, right? If you are not attracting the clients of your dreams, maybe it’s time for a quick “checks and balances”. So today I want to talk with you about 3 things you can do right now to start attracting your ideal client and start working with the clients of your dreams!!!
So let’s dive right in…
Identify your ideal client
First, you should download my FREE guide “How to Identify your Ideal Client”. There I’ll guide you in detail through the process I use in my own business to identify my ideal client and how I use the results for marketing, social media planning and to build and tweak my client experience. Click HERE to download your copy!
So, Ideal Client… why does everyone insist on saying I need to know who my ideal client is? Well, friend, how will you efficiently attract your dream client if you don’t know who he/she really is?
It’s very important that we as business owners know exactly to whom we are talking to when we:
- Write the copy of our website
- Create Social Media Posts
- Launch Marketing Campaigns
- And even choose the best platform to create content
Knowing your ideal client is like laying the foundation of your business, because without a client you can’t do business… And those who speak to the masses speak to no one!
Your ideal client is not necessarily you! Even though it is nice to have things in common with your ideal client (so you can bond over a specific subject), you don’t necessarily have to be your ideal client or like what your ideal client likes.
Here are a few things you should know about your ideal client:
- Age group
- Where do they like to shop
- What they like to do etc…
You can find a detailed list on the Free guide I mentioned above!
Serve your clients well before they even book you
So now that you know who your ideal client is, it is time to create a plan to start attracting him/her. It’s time to serve them before they even book you!
But how can I serve someone I don’t work with yet?
Simple, you can create content that speaks directly to your ideal client. By doing so you’ll be establishing yourself as an authority figure in your field and when your ideal client finds you, you’ll show him/her what you can do and, more than that, you’ll show them what you can specifically do for them.
Here are a few ways you can start serving your ideal client right away:
- Create blog posts with content that speaks to them. For example, if your ideal client likes traveling, you can create a blog post about “3 great warm destinations for your honeymoon”. If they like dogs, write about “How can you incorporate your dog into your wedding day!”
- Create social media posts that will solve your ideal client’s problems or make them avoid their pain.
- Curate everything you publish out there. Before you publish a photo or a copy, answer this question: Will this resonate with my ideal client?
Create a killer client experience
Most people think that client experience is giving your clients some gifts. Even though client gifts are part of an experience (and yes, you should do them!) creating a killer experience for your clients goes way beyond that.
Your client should have their first glimpse into the experience they will have with you when they send you an email inquiry. So think about that for a moment… your website should also be part of your client experience.
Is your website attracting your ideal clients? Is your copy compelling? When couples inquire with you, how long do you take to reply to them? How do you reply to them?
This is all part of the client experience.
After your client books with you you need to:
- Offer easy ways to support communication
- Create offerings and content to anticipate their needs and solve their problems (before they even become a problem!)
- Offer solutions to make payments and contracts easy and etc.
Think about the overall feeling you want your client to have from the moment they inquire, to the moment you send the last email, after your work with them is done and delivered.
How do you want them to talk about you and remember their time with you? This should be your motivator to create a killer client experience!!!!
If you want to learn more about what you just read, watch the free reply of my live video within my Facebook Group for Photographers.
Click HERE to join the group and watch the video where I explain in detail about the 3 things you can do right now to start attracting your dream clients.
Ready for more free education? You’ll love reading “3 Simple ways to create better light & airy images”